Professionally, I am a Parenting Coach and Relationship Counsellor as well as a student of life, for life. In my most recent change, I became a parent. One who is relentless in reducing stress in my home, increasing joy within my family and supporting my children to build strong Inner Wealth™.
Ultimately, I am a person committed to my own self-discovery which is a never-ending journey for me.
At a high level, my life has been full of many joys, challenges and unexpected changes; I am grateful for these many opportunities to learn and evolve as a person. Through the support of family, friends, teachers, and therapists I realize the importance of being surrounded by a strong network and the healing available in a good therapeutic relationship. Many travels, courses, and connections have revealed to me, the immense capabilities of people, the capacity for growth and fundamental pieces that connect us all. These physical and emotional adventures have had a profound effect on my understanding and acceptance of myself, people and the world around me.
It is hard work sometimes, to be who I want to be and who I know I can be. Yet, with how I have come to know myself and what I want to create in this life, I have the tools that support me and the connection to my purpose that grounds me. As I continue on my path, I find myself feeling deeper fulfillment, peace, joy and optimism about my life.
“You are what you do, not what you say.”
In my work, I find the most satisfaction in being a guide. I believe that
- we each know what is best and right for us. Sometimes, we just need help to find those answers and perhaps more importantly, support to take the action needed to create necessary change.
- when we live behind walls built through many experiences, we need assistance to break them down so we can move forward with courage.
- one of the most important things we can do for our children is to instill in them, a sense of believing in themselves and the greatness they possess. This helps them see the world as being a support to their path, trust that their inner strength is greater than any external circumstances and embrace the true joy that comes from within.
My mission is to support people with the guidance and tools to love what brings meaning and joy, let go of what makes life too hard and learn to know the difference. The resulting strong emotional foundation provides the clarity, calm and courage to elevate how we relate to ourselves and those around us.
My educational and professional background includes the following:
- Certified Spiritual Psychotherapist graduating from the Transformational Arts College
- Nurtured Heart Approach® Certified Trainer through the Children’s Success Foundation
- Reiki Practitioner
- Registered in Human Relations (R.I.H.R.) with the Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners
- B.A. with a focus on Psychology from the University of Guelph
- Extensive training/experience in communication, leadership, group facilitation, conflict resolution and team building through IBM Canada
- Process design and implementation in the corporate world for over 15 years
Through my formal education, career path and personal journey, I have been instrumental in guiding and supporting people through personal and professional change since 2000. I bring a unique combination of these experiences to every session. I also bring compassion, integrity, respect, empathy, honesty, intuition, clarity, and patience.
This work is about self-discovery and personal growth.
Knowing ourselves fully allows us to be who we are – authentically and without self-judgment, doubt or criticism.
In being who we are, we live the life we are here to live. In living the life we are here to live, we discover and open the door to our own joy within.
Contact me today – firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.218.8702